Progress 14%


Fuente de Santa Anna

Located in the avenue of Portal de l’Àngel, name of the gate of the medieval wall that existed there since the thirteenth century. Initially known as Portal dels Orbs, it was a starting point for the road that connected with Gràcia. From the 15th century, it was renamed after the statue of a guardian angel that was located in a small chapel, thus adopting its current name.

The fountain of Santa Anna, the oldest in the city, dates from 1356. Originally, it was a watering trough used by the horses of travelers and stagecoaches. Nineteen years later it was enlarged by adding a fountain with eight sides, although it currently has five sides and two taps in the center.